there was nothing left.
- there was nothing left.
- there was nothing right.
- Politics had collapsed. There was nothing above, nor below. Religion had also vanished. There was nothing but contemplation of the navel.
- Thankfully such contemplation was often fruitful. Many men spent their days wondering where navel lint came from, especially in cases where the colour didn't match their shirts.
- "My polo shirt is red," muttered Craig, inserting a finger into his navel, "so why is the fluff navy?" He swiped a piece of lint and held it up to his nose, inhaling deeply.
- The belly button lint was buffeted by Craig's inhalation but clung precariously to his nasty resinous finger. Then the belly button lint inhaled Craig whole. Craig watched his body
- disappear as it digested itself through his stomach. He could only gasp in horror before his mouth too was sucked into the neverending cavern of flesh and agony. Nothing remained
- but his high school ring, which was found out in the desert in a petrified pile of poop. The old prospector who found it, took it to town, hoping that it would make him rich, but
- it didn't. In fact, the ring held an ancient curse: if ever it wasn't worn on a finger, its holder would cause a slight, inexplicable discomfort in the people around him. The man
- knew that if the ring were not worn, first impressions would go badly. Or he could chuck the cursed ring in a sewer drain. Then all then pack rats would feel socially awkward until
- 2018-05-20 15:31:08
- 2020-10-23 22:45:46
Want to leave a comment?Sign up!
Zetawilk Oct 23 2020 @ 22:46
Zetawilk Dec 25 2020 @ 19:01
Truly a story for all ages.
LordVacuity Dec 26 2020 @ 00:44
Like I said, there was nothing right.
LordVacuity Dec 26 2020 @ 00:46
I find it hard to believe that my line was added almost 2 and a half years ago. I can vividly remember writing it. Seems like yesterday. Only it was still called scrambled eggs.