The day the roses turned black was the day
- The day the roses turned black was the day that everything changed for us. We had only just recovered from
- aphids when suddenly we were stricken with black mold. We had tried to telepathically communicate to our gardener that rose competitions and organic methods do not mix, but he
- was a devout Catholic and thought demons were trying to possess his mind so the gardener
- bought him a ouija board on april fools day. The day after he fired him. It was that day that the gardener planned to...
- harvest fresh saffron from the crocus blooms, which were just starting to fade. It was an essential ingredient in my
- famous meat pie. "There is nothing more expensive than Saffron," Jeremy exclaimed all of a sudden. I wasn't going to disagree with a hedgehog farmer so I simply nodded my head and
- hummed a couple bars of 'Mellow Yellow' while I beheaded another hedgehog. This pie was going to be delicious! All it needed was
- the hedgehog queen, but she wielded a magical scepter that guarded against my beheadings. She turned to face me, refusing to become pie filling. I jammed the grenade in the hole
- and backed away conjuring fireballs. But I had forgotten her tail. She swept it out and it caught me behind the knees. I fell as she jumped into the air,
- and I braced for the impact. Nothing. I watched gratefully as she floated above me with that warm smile of hers. It was over. She knew she had won. That's all she ever wanted.
- 2011-02-06 17:56:31
- 2011-02-24 00:32:30
Want to leave a comment?Sign up!