Her violet dress and the violets on the corsage
- Her violet dress and the violets on the corsage Fred had given her matched perfectly.Fran was so happy she was going to Prom with the most handsome and charming guy in the school
- that she never suspected it was a trick, so when Fred seized the mike and called her an ugly loser and a gullible skank, she cried. The entire prom burst into laughter. "Why
- Cheryl, you bought a pig in a poke!" I yelled. But the entire prom didn't laugh at my insult. I looked at my insult book and it said, "Farm and Country Insults." Damn, this is
- a straw hat short of a farmer's market up in here, and no one laughs at the pig joke. Should I indulge in some sinful dance or get a whoopie pie? Whaddaya know, Cheryl ate them all
- . Guess I have no choice then, but to perform my sinful dance, an interpretation, really, of a song some of you may remember: Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band. Everyone
- laughed uproarously. What a lame Bugger! What's your so-called 'Sinful dance'? Probably looks like Dick Van Dyke as Burt the Chimney Sweep in Disney's 'Mary Poppins'. Crap like
- a gorilla, fart like a dragonfly; that's what me pappy always used ta say. I think it meant something akin to 'walk softly and carry a big stick' but we're getting off topic again.
- or maybe it means 'float like a butterfly, sting like a bee?' Or 'When a butterfly flaps its wings in China there's a hurricane in the Gulf'. Which brings us back on topic since
- we were talking about the butterfly effect. Which reminds me, don't forget that cousin E. Fect was expecting to dis-cover the over-covered undercover agents of the con-de-struct
- . And millennia ago an ancestor of Fect discovered that anxiety correlates with absence of butterflies. Named the Butterfly Effect of Fect it describes this troubled state of mind.
- 2012-04-27 16:47:40
- 2013-04-27 03:46:04
Want to leave a comment?Sign up!
StoryFascist Apr 27 2013 @ 03:53
Awesome start date.
PurpleProf Apr 27 2013 @ 10:36
Believe me...I do not in the least resemble Dick van Dyke when I engage in my sinful "Afternoon Delight" dance. ;) Mary Poppins? Maybe.
49erFaithful Apr 29 2013 @ 13:21
Pics (or in this case, video) or it didn't happen PurpleProf.
PurpleProf Apr 29 2013 @ 13:33
Um...OK...it is 1:31 p.m. EST here and my husband is upstairs. Right time, right place... Now, where did I store my Mary Poppins costume?
49erFaithful Apr 29 2013 @ 13:36
Hopefully right under the Mary Anne from Gilligan's Island costume ... LOL.
mensaque Apr 30 2013 @ 18:12
Lots of happy coincidences on this one : The one year anniversary as a finish line date... The violet's color in my mind was more of a purple... Prof,how was your sinful dance on International Dance Day,april 29th?Being a dancer, I was so happy to inspire you through my story,hahaha!... And,I always found Dick Van Dike so sexy,espeacially on the Chimney Sweep dance... As many paranoid people do,I fear the butterfly effect sometimes;I'm often afraid that some random action of mine could fuck up someones life.OCD much?... But still,I loved the non-sense shortcut the story took,and I thank you all for making my day!
PurpleProf Apr 30 2013 @ 19:01
It's magic! :) BTW, our daughter is also a dancer... a ballerina. Total bunhead.
mensaque May 01 2013 @ 15:47
Ballet is my passion! Although I don't make a living out of dance(it would be too perfect...)I still consider myself a dancer cause I danced from the age of 4 till I was 24 and I miss it terribly! I keep promising myself to built a studio in my house but...you know...life gets in the way of our dreams sometimes.Another thing your daughter and I have in common : I can be a bunhead sometimes! :)