Have you ever noticed that "Arkansas" is
- Have you ever noticed that "Arkansas" is just "Kansas" with an "Ar" in front of it?
- Maybe because Kansas was a place, but someone else wanted the name. So they said "That can be your Kansas, and this'll be our (Ar) Kansas!"
- Doreene sings "Somewhere over the Swamp Haze". Then Poeleece impound her Huntin Dawg an a Hairycane picks up her shack & drops it in Awz. "We ain't in (Ar)kansas no more Rufus!
- Doreene shuffled dern ta yeller brick bowleevard and came up on a scardeecrow right dumber'n a box of hammers. Farther on, tey met a tin man who needed his heart transplanted.
- Afore too long, Doreene, the scardeecrow & tin man seen a lion who was skeered o' well nigh everythin'. "I spect I'll allow y'all kin come wid us" said Doreene, "we's gwine to see
- the grate-n-powerfool Gizzard. 'Pears to me dat you could use some hep, too." So the sceerdy lion joined in wid the rest & ambled on down da yeller brick road. When dey came to
- a really nice emerald green double-wide trailer with a giant confederate flag draped over the top and Dorothy asked, "Is that the Wizard's place?" But the Scarecrow laughed, "Look
- ee yonder over at that thar RV parked next to it. That's ware he be." The rusty door of the RV opened & the Wizard stepped out, carrying a shotgun. "What yuns want?" Dorothy
- hollered, "I wanna go home!" The Wizard paid her no mind. The Tin Man pointed over yonder and said, "That there scarecrow's got rocks in his head but we like him anyhow."
- "And even though I'm a big sissy, I don't mind saying the Tin Man's got some major social problems," said the Lion. The Wizard had had enough and wasn't gonna enable them further.
- 2015-05-27 11:40:58
- 2015-07-22 12:35:37
Want to leave a comment?Sign up!
Chaz Jul 22 2015 @ 18:51
I like hearing BBC radio. American: Ar-can-saw British: Ar-Kansas
m80 Jul 23 2015 @ 00:57
This story makes me happy, and Perronicus' fold is hilarious
SlimWhitman Jul 26 2015 @ 04:29
Arkansome that we cud git Doreene in a Story uv her very own!
SlimWhitman Jul 26 2015 @ 04:31
p.s. Thanks for enabling us SherbertHead
Scribbly Aug 04 2015 @ 01:32
Hillbilly Wizard of Oz lol. Nice.
DanielQuinn May 04 2016 @ 18:10
My absolute favorite ever.