How I design a fold. Mention main character(s)
- How I design a fold. Mention main character(s) and objects of previous fold. Keep things in motion. Build and expand. End with a twist or unresolved
- situation. I try to make the development of the foldingstory follow its own screwy logic. I start writing a line, often hit on a new idea in the middle, then backtrack & improve it
- with dark magic and gallows humor. Sometimes I don't try to put logic into the next line in Foldingstory because, sometimes a better logic emerges all on its own. At the end of the
- day FoldingStory is about confusion, bad jokes, puns and The Kraken. It's about the moon and zoos, zombies, particle physics, eating poop and alien attack. Folders are a bunch of
- well educated, insightful, charming, rascally, illogical, pathological procrastinators with hearts of gold and sharp wits. At FoldingStory, we've built a community
- of people from around the world, of characters from the deepest crevices of our imaginations, and of moments, both poignant and hilarious. Yes, we here at FoldingStory are unique
- one-of-a-kind individuals, just like everyone else. So let's give ourselves a pat on the back & a round of applause!" Some FSers got tangled, trying to pat and clap simultaneously.
- Plat, cap, plat, cap. See? No one else, it seems, appreciates FSers, except for ourselves. That's OK, though. We don't need no stinkin' audience. We just need each other to bolster
- our creativity and slacker skillz. The world is a better place with FS, spreading cheer, humor, cultural commentary and a good excuse to spend hours on the computer in our pajamas.
- It's true -- FS has truly turned our world into an utopian paradise where all FS writers can be happy. All folds are equal, but some folds are more equal than others.
- 2013-08-31 04:01:56
- 2015-09-05 12:14:41
Want to leave a comment?Sign up!
Chaz Sep 05 2015 @ 12:46
It took two years to write the FS manifesto.
PurpleProf Sep 05 2015 @ 16:23
Best story ever. Every word of it true.
m80 Sep 05 2015 @ 17:02
Ditto. I love all the stories about Folding Story, but this one is the best one yet. I think FS is one of the most positive communities on the internet. It's like living in a neighborhood where your wacky neighbors will lend you a cup of sugar or a dollar any time. They might get put it in an urn on a doorstep before they ring the doorbell and run, but they got your back.
SlimWhitman Sep 06 2015 @ 16:12
Sometimes, a foldingstory really rises up to something above what any one of us could write. This really tells it like it is. Thanks for all the fun everyone!! Now to get to that poo tasting story...
lucielucie Sep 06 2015 @ 17:25
Hmmm... I think I covered our main areas of interest. Btw I love you all and want to have your babies.
49erFaithful Oct 05 2015 @ 13:07
Wow, somehow I lost this one for a month. Good times. Cheers everyone!